who we are
Fairfield First Baptist is more than a building, a meeting, an organization, or a Sunday. We are a diverse group of people who have found community through our common faith in Jesus Christ, who we strive to worship God with all we've got and spread the gospel to all people through every aspect of our lives.
Stop by and worship with us, and see if this is a place where you can grow in your relationship with Jesus. Our mission is to make disciples who grow in their relationship with Jesus, who then go and make disciples themselves.
Join us Sunday mornings for a time of worship and teaching, or Wednesday nights for our family night dinner and teaching. We look forward to seeing you there!
Buildings are just buildings, we believe the Church is the people, not the building. But nonetheless, we still love our history and we are thankful that the Lord provided us a structure to worship Him in! Here's a little building history for you...
- The First Baptist Church of Fairfield began as a mission of Southern Hills Baptist church in 1957, meeting in the George Washington Jr. High School with 27 charter members.
- In 1959, construction began on the first church building, on the corner of Hicks Blvd and Holiday Drive in Fairfield. It held 135 persons and now serves as the church’s fellowship hall.
- In 1962, construction began on the educational unit, which was attached to the church building. The educational unit now serves as our Children’s Department.
- In 1965, construction began on the addition to the educational unit, 7730 ft of floor space which currently holds our Church Office, Youth Department, additional Children’s Rooms, and Church Library.
- In 1970, construction began on the new sanctuary, which seats 450 persons and is where our current Sunday worship services are held!
- Finally, in 2011 construction began on our new community outreach center, The Rock. The building contains a full basketball gymnasium, a gathering area with kitchen, and a multi-purpose meeting room upstairs!